You're invited to Toronto's first Waterfront Summit! This unique event will bring together stakeholders from across our city's waterfront - from Etobicoke to Scarborough. Together, we will hear from thought-provoking speakers and work on solutions to urgent issues facing our waterfront.
Experts and organizations ranging from community groups to governmental and business interests will share their waterfront passions, goals, and stories in panel discussions and workshops. Together, we will strive to elevate civic engagement and shape the future of our waterfront.
Here's the detailed agenda with speakers, Pecha Kucha presentations, and workshop detail.
Don't miss out on this special event. Reserve your spot today! Have an organization? Register here, then come back and purchase your tickets!
- Friday, October 27, 7-10 PM: Keynote speaker David Crombie, presentations, and reception (cash bar)
- Saturday, October 28, 9 AM-5 PM: Workshops and speeches (lunch provided)
- Councillor Margaret Sault, Mississaugas of the New Credit First Nation
- David Crombie, former mayor of Toronto
- Alejandra Bravo, Broadbent Institute Director of Leadership & Training
- Will Fleissig, CEO of Waterfront Toronto
- Ken Greenberg, urban designer and former Director of Urban Design and Architecture for the City of Toronto
Workshop Topics and Facilitators
- Who’s in Charge: Silos vs. Coordination - Paul Bedford, former Chief City Planner of Toronto
- Foundations, Philanthropists and Sponsors: Finding the right fit - Geoff Cape, Evergreen
- Stewardship: How do we maintain and activate our waterfront improvements? - John Wilson, formerly Bring Back the Don
- Access: Getting to, Across and Into the Water(front) - Zahra Ebrahim, Doblin Canada
- Arts & Culture as a Catalytic Force for Waterfront Development - Rebecca Carbin, Waterfront Toronto
- The Waterfront as a Unique Development Context: Finding the Right Balance - Joe Cressy, City Councillor
- Climate Change: Creating a Resilient and Low-Carbon Waterfront - Tim Ehlich, The Atmospheric Fund
- Special Art Spin bike tour of the central waterfront
The Waterfront Summit is made possible by the generous support of the following entities:
- Concert Properties
- ERA Architects
- Field Trip & Co
- George Brown College
- Mississaugas of the New Credit First Nation
- St. Lawrence Market Neighbourhood BIA
- St. Lawrence Neighbourhood Association
- The Globe and Mail Centre
- Waterfront BIA
- York Quay Neighbourhood Association
Are you interested in sponsoring this important event? Get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are unwaged, underemployed or a student, please message us for complimentary tickets.
351 King St E Toronto, ON M5G 0L6 Canada